Saturday 3 August 2013

Atari 2600 2/4k cartridge


There are a few options for custom roms for the Atari 2600 but I was struggling to find a cheap and easy option so I ended up designing my own.  This is a 2 sided design which is a pain to do on my mill, so I decided to have them professionally made.  I had heard good things about seeedstudio.com and I have to say I was very impressed.  They supply eagle DRC and gerber generation files which means you can be sure your design conforms to their requirements and makes the process as painless as possible, and all boards are e-tested.  It took all of 9 days from ordering to my door and they were very cheap - sometimes 3 or 4 times cheaper than others.  I will definitely be ordering from them again, hopefully in the next day or two.

The boards are high quality 1.6mm thick with hasl plating, These are the right thickness for the 2600 cart slot.  If you would like to buy one please email me analogmonster@live.com with quantity, country and paypal email address and I will send you a paypal invoice.  Bargain price of £2 per board plus shipping.  Each board weighs six grams and I will add some cardboard either side for a little protection.  To give you a rough idea on shipping cost it would cost £1.50 to ship 1 board to the US with a delivery aim of 5 days.

You would need to add a 74ls04, eprom socket, eprom and capacitor yourself.  I do have a few eproms lying around, so if you don't have an eprom programmer let me know and I will see if I can help you out.

atari4kcart gerbers and eagle files.  If you submit these to seeedstudio yourself you will need to rename the gerbers zip as they need a unique filename.

1 comment:

  1. Hello:

    Please can you repost the eagle file?

    The link is not working

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete